- New annual corporate bike tour challenge announced in Asia
The inaugural three-day YAANA Bike Challenge will champion sustainability, encourage progressive companies to do more in the region, and raise funds for Operation Smile
- Digital Trip's innovative technology helps to build successful travel startups
Digital Trip share success stories for travel startups using their scalable technology.
- The best of East coast with Sunrise by Jetwing and Kottukal Beach House by Jetwing
- Dolphin Dynamics embarks on NextGen UX project
Dolphin Dynamics announces its NextGen UX project which will see its reservation and booking management system undergoing a revamp of its user interface.
- Bruce Munro lights up Rockford, Illinois
Bruce Munro: LIGHT exhibit at Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens in Rockford, Illinois will allow visitors to see the gardens in a new light.
- Mall of America 25th Anniversary Special Offer
The Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota, is supporting the UK travel industry by providing a special offer for bookings in 2017 to celebrate their 25th Anniversary.
- Khiri Travel Indonesia announces new ecotourism experience in Kalimantan
New 6D/5N ecotourism experience includes insights into orangutans, wildlife, and sustainable agro-forestry
- Why and How to Combine the Galapagos Islands and the Amazon Rainforest
Latin Trails and Advantage Travel present their webinar 15 facts to know about selling the Amazon and the Galapagos Islands that every travel agent, tour operator or travel planner need.
- Global Creative Communications Agency TimeZoneOne Selects Cellet Marketing and Public Relations as New Strategic Partner for Illinois Office of Tourism account in the UK and Ireland
TimeZoneOne, a global creative communications agency based in Chicago, has selected Cellet Marketing and Public Relations as its strategic partner in the UK for the Illinois Office of Tourism account.
- eNett International urges travel industry to improve payment process to boost customer experience and drive business performance
One-click payments, contactless services and direct mobile billing have revolutionised payments in many B2C industries, but B2B payments in the travel sector are often still handled manually